Saturday, August 06, 2011

Banana "Ice Cream" Variations

Remember this post? I don't know whether to thank or curse my friend for turning me onto 1-ingredient ice cream! It has been a serendipitous, healthy treat to have on hand as I've transitioned onto the paleo diet.

I have been playing with this dessert over the past couple of weeks, and have come up with some great variations.

This one has been my favorite so far.


Chocolate Cherry Banana "Ice Cream"
(Cherries Garcia, anyone?)

1 1/2 frozen banana pieces
1 tbsp cocoa powder
A handful of cherries, halved and pits removed
1-2 squares dark chocolate, grated/chopped

Put the banana pieces in blender or food processor. Blend until the banana becomes thick, like ice cream. Scrape down the sides as needed.
Add cocoa powder, and continue blending.
Add cherries and chocolate, and pulse a few times to blend, and chop the cherries.
Scoop into a bowl. Either enjoy right away, or put in the freezer to firm up for a bit.


One of these days, I will take the time to use my food processor to make this recipe, which I think will make this look more ice-creamy.

No comments: