Saturday, September 27, 2008

Garden Party Lemonade

Here's a goodie! I stumbled across this recipe while perusing the pages of Simply...Gluten-Free. Carol, you rock!
I must admit, I was a bit skeptical, but very intrigued. So much that I went out to the farmer's market to get a cucumber, and stole some dill from my cousin's husband's indoor herb garden (no, I didn't really steal it, he made me trim all his herbs and take them home).
Here's the original post, and while Carol's looks a bit more elegant, I suppose it's how it tastes that really counts :)




Garden Party Lemonade

1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
1/2 seedless cucumber, peeled
1 sprig of fresh dill
1/2 cup sugar plus 1/8 cup to add later if needed
2 1/2 cups water
Option Garnishes – lemon slices, dill sprigs, cucumber spears

Put all ingredients (except the extra sugar and the garnishes) in the blender, and blend for about a minute. Taste and add more sugar if desired. Pour over ice, add garnishes if desired, and enjoy. One thing I did notice - when I first poured it up, it was pretty foamy on top. When I let it sit in the fridge for awhile, the foam went away, and it was easier to drink. I think I will let it chill awhile before serving next time.
Makes about 3 cups, and probably 4-6 servings (although I drank half with my lunch, and half with my dinner).

1 comment:

Simply...Gluten-free said...

I am glad you enjoyed it! I think the drink is so refreshing.
xo.
carol