Sunday, August 12, 2012

Changes...

My dear friends,

I know, yet again I have been absent for quite awhile. I have a very good excuse, with two sub-excuses to back it up. Ready for it?



Family picture 2003



Our little family is growing...




Yep, come January, we will be having a baby!

Now, as to my sub-excuses. This is a food blog. A gluten free, largely grain free, relatively healthy recipe containing food blog. Right. Well, for the past four months, I have not been feeling my best. Or even my average... I have not been eating grain free or even relatively healthy most of the time. Do I have good reason? Absolutely! And no, I haven't completely gone off the deep end. I am still trying to eat as healthy as possible under the circumstances. But, overall, my diet the past few months has been very high in carbs and grains...not something I'm necessarily proud of, and not something I would condone for *myself,* given any other circumstances. However, given the choice between the only food that doesn't make me want to lose my lunch, and not eating...I will always choose eating. Even if that food happens to consist of rice krispies, french bread from my favorite local gluten free bakery, or half a bag of salsa verde doritos (that one I regretted quickly).

I have been dealing with severe morning sickness, as well as very intense aversions to almost all meat (making a Paleo diet extremely difficult to maintain). However, I have tried to eat as healthfully as possible despite these setbacks.

Maybe one of these days, I will be able to post about all of the great, healthy foods I am enjoying. Right now though, I'm just trying to survive.

So no, this is not one of those awesome blogs talking about how great I felt while pregnant and Paleo. Believe me, I would LOVE to be there right now. But I'm not. So, things may be a little quiet around here for awhile longer. Give me a year though, and I have great plans for documenting our transition into a fully gluten free household (yes, hubby has more bread and tortillas than ever in the house right now...he's pretty much fending for himself these days). I am also very excited to create nutritious, real-food based baby food for my little guy/girl to enjoy, and share my creations here.

In the meantime, send positive vibes my way, and sit tight. I do have a couple delicious garden-fresh recipes to share soon!

Much love,
Stephanie

If you care to, you can drop by my personal blog for more baby-related updates.

No comments: