Monday, February 15, 2010

Kale Chips


I love kale! Seriously, it's so good! But I didn't realize how amazing it was until I tried this recipe. I follow Elana's blog, and she posts recipes w/ kale quite regularly. She mentioned this recipe, and I've been thinking about it for awhile, working up the nerve to try something so weird. Now I think it might be my new favorite way to eat a vegetable.
Go on over to visit the girls over at Celiac Chicks for a prettier picture :) That's where I found this yummy recipe.

Kale Chips
1 head kale
Extra virgin olive oil
salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Rinse one head of kale, then dry. Rip leaves into bite-sized pieces, removing the thick middle stem from each leaf. Toss with extra virgin olive oil, then sprinkle with a little salt. Lay out on a baking sheet (I lined mine with foil for easy cleanup).
Bake on the middle rack in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
Cool, then eat up!

3 comments:

Linda said...

I can see myself really liking this. I don't know about the rest of my family, but I'm going to give it a try. Thanks for the recipe and for participating in "What can I eat that's gluten free?"

Anonymous said...

Looks good.
Simple, elegant and so good for you.
Thanks for sharing.

Mikki Black said...

It's funny -- veggie chips are one of those "in" items right now, and to get the processed ones is sooo expensive. It's nice to have a healthy AND inexpensive alternative!

Thanks!