Sunday, March 21, 2010

Grilled Lemon Chicken w/ Peanut Sauce

I ate this salad every day last week! It's so good! I bookmarked it on Elana's blog a few months ago, and have been meaning to try it. So glad I finally did!!
The recipe originates from the Barefoot Contessa, Ina Garten. She is amazing! I love watching her work in the kitchen. I followed the recipe for the chicken pretty exact, so I'll just link you over to it.


Ina's Grilled Lemon Chicken
Tangy Peanut Sauce
The only change I made was grilling the chicken in my George Foreman grill, which worked great. The chicken was very tender and flavorful.
For the peanut sauce, I used red wine vinegar instead of the plum vinegar, but other than that, I followed the recipe as posted by Elana.

I also experimented with the sauce, serving it with the chicken over rice. I didn't like that as much. Maybe I used too much sauce, but it wasn't as good. So, I just went back to eating it as a salad, with some toast or crackers on the side.

Enjoy :)

3 comments:

Sally Parrott Ashbrook said...

That salad looks lovely. I've been wanting new recipes to try out with grilling, and this recipe set definitely fits the bill!

Hua said...

This salad looks amazing! Thanks for the link to Elana's blog. I'm going to try out some of her recipes.

Best,
Hua
Director of Blogger Networks
wellsphere.com

Anonymous said...

I never would have thought that lemon and peanut would sound so good to me! Wow!